First Physicians Group of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is seeking an Internal Medicine/Pediatric physician for two practices in the highly desirable area of Sarasota, FL. We are located approximately 60 minutes South of Tampa and minutes from the beautiful beaches that line the Gulf of Mexico (Siesta Key, Lido Key, and Longboat Key). The community offers many activities for people of all ages, and we have some of the best schools in the nation.
One group is made up of six (6) IM/Peds physicians who are responsible for seeing patients in the clinic and one hospital. Hospital rounds will be split 1:7 for the weekends and 1:5 for the weekdays. The second group has four (4) physicians, and they are looking to add a 5th. Inpatient rounding is shared equally with time allotted during the day for hospital rounding. Both practices are only on staff at one hospital.
First Physicians Group has the largest number of Med-Peds physicians in the region with 12 of them in five different practice locations, which makes us an attractive group for Med-Peds physicians who would like to practice with others in their specialty.
Employment contracts include a generous 2 year guaranteed salary with bonuses, sovereign immunity, and excellent comprehensive benefits – health, dental, vision, disability, life, 403B, CME, 3 weeks of PTO with an increase to 5 weeks over 2 years, among other benefits and perks.
Physicians have the option to transition to a pay model after one year if they meet certain criteria. A five year contract is then offered. We also offer other perks such as sign-on bonuses and relocation expenses.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Both are busy practices with existing volume to quickly ramp up a new physician.
- Clinic volume averages 18-23 patients per day. Inpatient census averages 5-7 patients, including newborns. Physicians do not attend deliveries.
- Dually boarded in Internal Medicine/Pediatrics preferred or Board Eligible if within 5 years of completing training
- Licensed in the State of Florida preferred but we will accept CVs from physicians interested in applying for a FL license. We will pay for the FL license if you apply as the result of a job acceptance with our organization.
- Teaching Internal Medicine Residents will be available in July 2017 if interested as Sarasota Memorial Hospital will be starting an IM residency program with FSU.
Please contact Joelle Hennesey at 941-917- 2818 or Joelle-Hennesey@smh.com to learn more about this opportunity. Visit www.firstphysiciansgroup.com to learn more about our group.
Sarasota Memorial Health Care System, an 819-bed regional medical center, is among the largest public health systems in Florida. With about 4,000 staff, over 800 physicians, and 1,000 volunteers, it is one of Sarasota County's largest employers. A community hospital founded in 1925, Sarasota Memorial is governed by the nine-member elected Sarasota County Public Hospital Board. It is a full-service health system, with specialized expertise in heart, vascular, cancer, and neuroscience services, as well as a network of outpatient centers, long-term care and rehabilitation among its many programs. Sarasota Memorial is the only hospital providing a Level II Trauma Center, obstetrical services, pediatrics and Level III neonatal intensive care in Sarasota County.