One of the Nation’s Top Children’s Hospitals
Seeking Med-Peds Physicians
Valley Children’s Healthcare, one of the United States’ largest healthcare networks dedicated to caring for kids, is growing and seeking motivated BE/BC Med-Peds physicians to advance the development and reach of its Young Adult and Transition Care Program, which provides Valley Children’s patients with childhood onset medical conditions the resources they need to smoothly transition into the adult healthcare world.
Ideal candidates possess experience with or a strong interest in the following:
- Transition of care expertise would be beneficial but not required, as training on the job will be completed;
- Ability to work in teams or experience working in multidisciplinary teams;
- Care coordination and psychosocial determinants of healthcare;
- Experience or interest in working with vulnerable or underserved populations;
- Interest in quality improvement; and
- Leadership in team-building and community engagement.
Named among the 10 Top Children’s Hospitals in the nation by The Leapfrog Group in 2019 for its excellence in patient safety and quality of care, Valley Children’s is ranked for the fifth year in a row as one of the Best Children’s Hospitals in seven pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report in 2020-2021.
Situated in the heart of California, the Central Valley is known for its award-winning schools, affordability and exceptional quality of life. Three National Parks (Yosemite, King’s Canyon and Sequoia) are in its backyard. The magnificent Pacific coast, the Sierra Nevada Mountains and the San Francisco, San Jose and Los Angeles metropolitan areas all are within one to three hours away. Sonoma and Napa counties and Lake Tahoe all are within a four-drive.
For more information, please contact Glenda Church Smith, Principal, Pediatric Search Partners, for more complete details at [email protected], or by phone at (877) 440-3832 or text to (214) 850-3094.