Expanding Combined Internal Medicine/Pediatrics Primary Care Faculty
The Ohio State University College of Medicine is seeking full-time, experienced, board-certified /board eligible Internal Medicine/Pediatrics (Med/Peds) trained physicians to join our large community of Med/Peds faculty members as we continue to expand our team!
Our mission is to improve the health of local and national populations by providing exceptional and innovative healthcare delivery, training the next generation of primary care clinicians and scholars, and conducting exemplar research, while optimizing wellness of faculty and staff. The Division is recognized for providing personalized comprehensive patient care, innovative educational opportunities for students and residents, and excellent scholarly work. The Division is leading efforts for the medical center’s Primary Care First and post-acute COVID programs while also leading innovative services focused on delivery of preventive care, quality improvement, telehealth, remote monitoring, diabetes, autism, and many other health conditions.
Interested candidates will be expected to work in an outpatient Med-Peds primary care setting (with opportunity for inpatient time, if interested) and demonstrate outstanding clinical care concurrent with teaching. Opportunities for clinicians to engage in collaborative research and quality improvement also exist. All faculty will have an appointment in the Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine at the assistant, associate, or professor level. All academic appointments are commensurate with experience. *Physicians will have privileges at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, University Hospital East, The James Cancer Center and Solove Research Institute, Richard M. Ross Heart Hospital.
Why work for The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center:
- Central Ohio’s Academic Leader
- One of the largest and most diverse medical centers in the country; only academic medical center in central Ohio and Columbus (Ohio’s largest and most rapidly growing metropolitan region)
- Ranked one of “America’s Best Hospitals” by U.S. News and World Report for over 30 consecutive years
- Voted one of Central Ohio’s “Best Places to Work” by Columbus Business First newspaper”
- For 30 years, recognized as a national leader in quality outcomes and patient safety
Our planned growth at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center:
- Main campus: New construction of a state-of-the-art biomedical research tower, hospital tower, ambulatory center and Health Sciences building that will house the College of Medicine
- Around the city: Construction of 4 newly designed ambulatory care centers in process (2 of these newly designed facilities NOW OPEN!) in addition to 5 established ambulatory care centers up and running today
Why live in Columbus, Ohio:
- Over 1.8 million population base and diverse cultural, sports, dining and recreational opportunities: Cost of Living is MODERATE
- Recently voted the #1 IT city in the nation surpassing Silicon Valley
- Home to several Fortune 500 companies
- Ranks in Money magazine’s picks as one of the ten best big cities
- 2nd fastest growing major metropolitan area in the Midwest : 14th largest city in the nation
- Booming real estate market
- Consistently ranked in the top ten in nearly every category: Economic growth, things to do, affordable cost of living, great place to raise a family
To join our team, please email your cover letter and CV to:
Kam Carlberg, Faculty Recruitment
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified women, minorities, Vietnam era and disabled veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.