ChristianaCare is looking to add another outstanding individual to join its largest teaching practice in Wilmington, DE. Internal Medicine and Internal Medicine-Pediatrics physicians are urged to apply. ChristianaCare is a twice-designated Magnet facility and a dominant leader in the Mid-Atlantic with 80% market share in Delaware.
“At ChristianaCare, our mission is simple and profound- we take care of people”– Janice E. Nevin, M.D., MPH- President and CEO
- Treat a diverse, multi-cultural population representing all ages in (predominantly adult)
- Provide clinical teaching to internal medicine residents and medical students in the health system’s largest teaching practice
- Participate in faculty meetings and evaluation of internal medicine residents and students.
- Take advantage of a Monday-Friday work week and a broad array of provider expertise and clinical interests
- Post-graduate degree from an accredited medical institution and completion of an accredited internal medicine residency, combined internal medicine/pediatrics residency or combined internal medicine/emergency medicine residency program. Solid knowledge base of internal medicine and primary care related issues.
- Board eligibility or board certification
- Experience in clinical practice, preferably with teaching responsibilities. Preference also given to those with interest in general internal medicine focus areas including women’s health, sports medicine, procedural areas among others or those with experience or interest in areas such as faculty development, quality improvement, residency-related curriculum development, or interest in providing healthcare to underserved communities/social determinants of health
ChristianaCare is one of the country’s largest health systems, ranking as the 24th leading hospital in the nation and 15th on the East Coast in admissions. Featuring three hospitals with 1,300 beds, ChristianaCare is home to Delaware’s only adult Level I Trauma Center – the highest capability center and the only one of its kind between Philadelphia and Baltimore. ChristianaCare is a not for profit teaching hospital affiliated with Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University and recognized as a regional center for excellence in cardiology, cancer and women’s health services.
ChristianaCare was recognized as one of “America’s 100 Best Hospitals” by Healthgrades, selected as one of the Most Wired Hospitals in the US by the American Hospital Association, and ranked by US News & World Report as the #3 ‘Best Hospital’ in the Philadelphia region out of more than 90 hospitals.
Living in the Delaware Valley offers a wealth of housing options in urban, suburban, and beautiful rural settings. The region boasts excellent school districts, private schools and some of the nation’s best colleges and universities. Travel is easy with four international airports and Amtrak in the region. The area is rich in diversity and within 1-3 hours you can take advantage of all of the cultural, entertainment and recreational events in Philadelphia, New York City, and Washington, DC as well as the popular beach resorts in Delaware, New Jersey and Maryland.