Baystate Health is western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate. A recognized leader in educational innovation, Baystate Medical Center has been training doctors since 1914. Today, over 300 residents and fellows in 10 residency and 20 fellowship programs are in training at Baystate, the regional campus of the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate.
Baystate Health is seeking a Primary Care physician to join our nationally recognized faculty. We welcome you to join our team and teach the next generation of Internal Medicine or Med Peds residents in Springfield, MA.
Key components of the position:
- FACULTY APPOINTMENT TO UMASS SCHOOL OF MEDICINE and an opportunity to teach medical students from the UMMS-Baystate Regional Campus and residents from the Baystate Internal Medicine and Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Residency Programs.
- TEAM-BASED CARE MODEL IN A PATIENT CENTRIC ORGANIZATION THAT CARES FOR A CULTURALLY DIVERSE AND EQUALLY VALUED COMMUNITY. The physician experience includes being part of a team of healthcare professionals working together. The team includes nurse clinical coordinators, behavioral health partners, community health workers, pharmacy consultants, on-site specialists, advanced practice providers and residents.
- A UNIQUE SYSTEM EXPERIENCE aiming to work on population health, patient access, system efficiencies, service and quality of care as we evolve towards a value based system in the Medicaid and Medicare payers. The new ACO model provides coverage to the vast majority of the population we serve.
- AN OPPORTUNITY TO WORK IN A NCQA LEVEL III PATIENT CENTERED MEDICAL HOME that is nationally recognized for its work in Academic Innovation, Patient Access, Highly Reliable Systems and Top Tier Quality.
- OUTSTANDING BENEFITS PACKAGE AND WORK LIFE BALANCE. Sign on bonus (paid within first 30 days of EMPLOYMENT, Generous compensation package, CME Allowance and time, high quality, low cost medical/dental, robust paid time off. Flexible works schedules.
Candidates must be BC/BE by the American Board of Internal Medicine or Med Peds. Role modeling of exceptional clinical, teaching and communication skills in a collaborative and multidisciplinary environment is expected.
The Baystate Health System is located in the heart of the Pioneer Valley. The Valley boasts a lively mix of the old world New England charm and the vibrant energy of the revitalized city of Springfield.
The close proximity to Connecticut and Hartford, its capital, possess additional opportunities for housing, dining, and entertainment. A short drive to the summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, the Boston Pops, and Arcadia Wildlife Sanctuary as well as many multicultural restaurants of Springfield’s vibrant foodie scene. Easy access to major cities such as Boston and New York without the expensive cost of living.
For more information, please visit: www.ChooseBaystateHealth.org
Apply to: Ariana Caradiaz, MBA, DASPR, Physician and Advanced Practitioner Recruiter at Baystate Health Phone: 413-794-7726 Fax: 413-794-5059 Email: [email protected]
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.