Mid Cumberland Primary Care Director Position:
Join the Tennessee Department of Health in improving the health of Tennesseans. The Primary Care Director of Mid-Cumberland oversees the provision of primary care services in 12 counties surrounding Davidson County. The Primary Care Director is the clinical leader to the thirty physicians and nurse practitioners who provide primary care in our 19 local health departments.
- Facilitate onboarding and training of physicians and nurse practitioners
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of Primary Care services
- Increase access of care for uninsured and underinsured citizens
- Lead quality and process improvements
Interested applicants should visit tn.gov/careers and submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to Sanjana Stamm, Mid-Cumberland Regional Director at [email protected]
- Provide guidance, facilitate onboarding and trainings, and conduct initial and ongoing professional performance reviews for the primary care physicians and primary care coordinator (nurse practitioner).
- Provide clinical care on a scheduled basis and will oversee reallocation of clinical resources within the region based on the need.
- Review primary care clinical operational reports to ensure data-driven decision-making for improved efficiency and effectiveness of Primary Care services.
- Utilize organizational skills and experience to implement improvements with the objective of increasing access to care for the uninsured and underinsured population.
- Engage all providers in ongoing quality improvement activities, attend statewide quality and process improvement workgroup meetings, coordinate activities with the regional quality director.
- Board Certified physician in Family Practice, Med Peds, or Internal Medicine.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a primary care provider.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Passion for providing quality care.
- Understanding of quality and process improvement.
- Experience leading clinical teams in both quality and process improvement initiatives.
- A Master’s in Public Health or similar degree or experience in a public health setting.
Salary is based on education and experience. The State of Tennessee offers employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc. For more information on this package, visit http://www.tn.gov/hr/topic/benefits
The State of Tennessee is an equal opportunity, equal access, affirmative action employer.
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.