Christy Harris-Wormley, Clinical Recruiter (615) 569-2791
Through People, We Make a Difference
Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year.
Montefiore Nyack Hospital is a 391-bed community acute care medical and surgical hospital founded in 1895 and is located in Rockland County, NY. Its mission is to provide competent, innovative, and accessible emergency and acute care services to Rockland County residents and surrounding areas Nyack Hospital is a member of the Montefiore Health System and a partner with Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine, providing clinical rotations to third-year medical students. The hospital is a long-standing employer in Nyack and supports the local community through employee engagement and sponsorship.
- Established team of 14 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse (includes dedicated nocturnists)
- No call environment; No procedures required
- Closed ICU; Intensivist support from Sound’s own critical care physicians
- Hospitalist attend codes
- Teaching and Academic appointment available with medical students from Albert Einstein School of Medicine
- Traditional adult hospitalist responsibilities along with a newborn assessment component; Must have current training in newborn assessments
- Board certification required; Open to Med-Peds new grads
Awards and Accolades:
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- Healogics – Wound Care Center of Distinction
- American College of Surgeons – Union State Bank Center at Montefiore Nyack Hospital Accredited with Commendation
- Recipient of Outstanding Achievement AwardNew York State – Stroke Center Designation
- The Intersocietal Accreditation Commission accreditation in Adult Transthoracic and Adult Transesophageal
- The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval® for Hip and Knee Joint Replacement Program
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
The hospital is located along the Hudson River and offers easy access to both Upstate New York and the New York City metro area. Nyack’s unique location provides physicians with the opportunity to live in this quaint town or closer to the city, for a more urban environment. The city offers vibrant entertainment and nightlife, an impressive array of restaurant cuisines, unique boutiques and eclectic shops, tons of water and outdoor activities, fishing, swimming, hiking, kayaking, and opportunities to enjoy music, theater, artistic venues, and more!
Tagged as: Physician
Job ID: 1113.021822.5402_MP