Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm flex, some eve., Saturday
We offer medical, dental, vision, retirement, life insurance, voluntary short/long term disability, paid time off, paid holidays, and more!
Physicians are eligible for loan repayment programs as Advantage Care is affiliated with Doctors Across New York Physician Practice Support and Physician Loan Repayment programs!
Advantage Care Health Centers and The Fay J. Lindner Center for Autism are Long Island’s premier Federally Qualified Health Care Centers (FQHC). Located in Brookville and Freeport, NY, we provide comprehensive medical, dental, and mental/behavioral health services to children and adults.
The mission of Advantage Care Health Centers is to provide the highest quality comprehensive primary, dental, mental, and behavioral health care services.
We offer these services to all community members committed to those who might otherwise be excluded from the health care system while remaining cost-effective and efficient. The health center specializes in providing services to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The Primary Care Physician provides direct primary medical care to children and adult patients.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for providing physician services, including assessing and managing patients in the health center within the scope of licensing, training, and credentialing.
- Diagnose and treat a variety of diseases and injuries seen in general practice; administer or prescribe treatments and drugs.
- Exercise independent judgment in the assessment, diagnosis, and initiation of medical processes or treatments.
- Order or execute various tests and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition.
- Educate patient and families regarding planned diagnostic procedures, medications, and treatments.
- Promote timely and compassionate communication between families and health care team.
- Conduct physical examinations to provide information needed for admission to school, consideration for jobs, participation in summer or recreational camp or eligibility for insurance coverage.
- Maintain current and complete documentation in medical records that accurately reflect care and services provided to patients.
- Accurately assign Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Codes and ICD Diagnosis codes.
- Participate in the clinical experience of medical students, interns, residents, and graduate nurses as appropriate.
- Update practice through continuing education by attending conferences, rounds, reports, lectures, journal clubs and regional/national professional conferences.
- Serves on health care facility committees as required (e.g., Quality Assurance, Infection Control, Complaints Committee).
- Medical degree conferred by an accredited college or university
- Certification in Internal Medicine/Pediatrics or Family Medicine
- New York State licensure
- Healthcare Provider CPR/AED Certification
- Twenty- four (24) Continued Medical Education (CME) credits per credentialing cycle (two (2) years).
- National Provider Identifier
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state regulatory requirements preferred
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and third-party billing requirements preferred
- Familiarity serving persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities desirable
Physician, for immediate consideration, please email [email protected] advantagecaredtc.org. An EOE.
Advantage Care Health Centers is an FTCA Deemed Organization. Advantage Care Health Centers is granted medical malpractice protection through the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA). Advantage Care Health Centers received HHS funding and has Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.
As an employee of Advantage Care Health Centers, you will enjoy a career in a supportive atmosphere that recognizes the talents and dedication of our staff by offering comprehensive benefits packages.
The mission of Advantage Care Health Centers, a patient centered medical home (PCMH) with National Commission of Quality Assurance (NCQA) recognition, is to provide the highest quality comprehensive primary, dental, mental and behavioral health care services.
We offer these services to all members of the community with a commitment to those who might otherwise be excluded from the health care system, while still remaining cost-effective and efficient. The health center specializes in providing services to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.