ChristianaCare is looking for a dynamic physician that has a passion to care for highly complex patients with underlying behavioral health conditions.
This intensive program is designed for the individual who struggles with a behavioral health condition and in addition, may have suboptimal physical and social health. In a welcoming environment, the program offers multidisciplinary treatment, including psychiatric and behavior therapy care, chronic condition and general health treatment, and comprehensive social health evaluation and intervention.
Our specialists work together to quickly stabilize patients’ health and then put long-term support in place with other providers and programs. The intention is to provide flexible, responsive care in a respectful, caring and supportive setting.
This role would be serving across three of our locations including, Wilmington Hospital-Gateway, Riverside Primary Care, and the Hope Center.
To learn more about our program, see link at: https://christianacare.org/services/behavioralhealth/center-for-hope-and-healing/
- Join a collaborative team of providers who support each other in providing high quality patient care.
- You’ll have input regarding initiatives related to population health and quality improvement.
- We offer teaching opportunities with ChristianaCare family medicine and med peds residents and medical students.
- Working in this practice offers an excellent work life balance.
- BE/BC in Med Peds or Family Medicine
- Eligible for license in state of Delaware
- Bilingual Spanish (preferred)
ChristianaCare, headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, is one of the country’s largest health care providers, ranking 24th in the nation for hospital admissions (fiscal year 2019). Christiana Care is a major teaching hospital with three campuses (1,299 beds) and more than 260 Medical-Dental residents and fellows. ChristianaCare is recognized as a regional center for excellence in cardiology, cancer and women’s health services. The system is home to Delaware’s only Level I trauma center for adults and children, the only center of its kind between Philadelphia and Baltimore. With approximately 13,000 caregivers, ChristianaCare is the largest private employer in Delaware.
Benefits of living in the Delaware Valley:
- You have your choice or housing options in DE, PA, NJ or MD and enjoy reasonable commutes.
- Connected by Amtrak and I95, this region is a hub for excellent restaurants, entertainment and sporting venues, cultural events and some of the nation’s best colleges and universities.
- Within 1-3 hours from four international airports.
- Easy drives or a short train ride to Washington, DC, Philadelphia and New York City.
- Two hours from beautiful beaches in Delaware, Maryland and New Jersey and popular skiing resorts in the Pocono Mountains.
- Reasonable cost of living and no DE state sales tax
ChristianaCare Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
To learn more or apply please contact Sr. Physician Recruiter – Ja’Nikka Caraballo at [email protected]