First Physicians Group of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is seeking three (3) Med/Peds physicians for established practices in the highly desirable areas of Sarasota, Osprey and North Port, Florida. We are a large, multi-specialty group comprised of 200 physicians and APPs in 27 different specialties and 35 different practice locations. FPG has been in the community for almost 25 years and is the only employed physician group affiliated with Sarasota Memorial Health Care System.
First Physicians has the largest number of Med-Peds physicians in the region with 13 of them in five different practice locations, which makes us an attractive group for Med-Peds physicians who would like to practice with others in their specialty.
Employment contracts start with a generous 2 year guaranteed salary with bonuses, sovereign immunity, and excellent comprehensive benefits – health, dental, vision, disability, life, 403B, CME, PTO + 7 holidays and many other perks. Relocation assistance will be provided.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Busy practices with existing volume to quickly ramp up a new physician.
- Clinic volume averages 18-20 patients per day. Inpatient census averages 4-7 patients, including newborns. Physicians do not attend deliveries.
- Physicians are on staff at one hospital – Sarasota Memorial.
- North Port is an Outpatient Only practice. Hospitalists will follow the patients if admitted.
- Dually boarded in Internal Medicine/Pediatrics preferred or Board Eligible if within 5 years of completing training.
- Licensed in the State of Florida preferred but we will accept CVs from physicians interested in applying for a FL license. We will pay for the FL license if you apply as the result of a job acceptance with our organization.
- Teaching of FSU Medical Students and FSU Internal Medicine Residents will be available if interested.
Please contact Joelle Hennesey, MHA, FASPR at 941-917-2818 or Joelle-Hennesey@smh.com if you would like to learn more about these opportunities.
Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is an 829-bed regional medical center, is among the largest public health systems in Florida. With over 5,000 staff, 1,000 physicians and 600 volunteers, it is one of Sarasota County’s largest employers. It is a full-service health system with specialized expertise in heart, vascular, cancer, and neuroscience services, as well as a network of outpatient centers, long-term care and rehabilitation among its many programs. Sarasota Memorial is the only hospital certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and providing obstetrical services, pediatrics, Level II trauma services and Level III neonatal intensive care in Sarasota County. The hospital was also awarded Magnet designation four years in a row – the nation’s highest honor for excellence in nursing.