St. Luke’s Hospital
St. Luke’s Hospital is a Level II DNV accredited 267-bed Regional Trauma Center with a hospital in Duluth and primary and specialty clinics throughout the region. St. Luke’s serves patients using the best medical technology available and with the highest level of compassion.
Birthing Center: 700-800 deliveries per year (OB/GYN, Midwife, and Family Medicine)
Pediatric Unit: 8-bed security-controlled unit
Pediatric Hospitalist Program
St. Luke’s is looking for BC or BE Med/Peds to create our Pediatric Hospitalist program. St. Luke’s family medicine physicians and pediatricians also take part in hospital medicine.
- 12-24 hour overnight shifts available (eventually expanding to 24/7 coverage)
- In-house call
- Special Care Nursery Experience (Level II Nursery)
- >32 week gestation age neonates generally remain in our facility. Common problems are rule-out sepsis, hypoglycemia, respiratory distress, Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome, feeding difficulties, and more…
- Attend all c-sections and high-risk vaginal deliveries
- Procedures may include lumbar punctures, circumcisions, UVC placement, and endotracheal intubations
- Admit pediatric patients up to age 18 (non-ICU)
- Emergency Department consults
- NRP & PALS certification required
- Cover only one hospital
- Opportunities to teach Residents and Med Students
- Ability to help adult hospitalists if interested
Duluth population: 87,000
Service area: 492,000
Nestled on the shores of Lake Superior, Duluth is a regional medical, cultural, entertainment, educational, banking and retail center serving northeast Minnesota, northwest Wisconsin, upper Michigan and southern Ontario, Canada. Cultural activities include the acclaimed Duluth/Superior Symphony Orchestra, professional Minnesota Ballet Company, Duluth Playhouse, Duluth Art Institute, Duluth Entertainment and Convention Center and Great Lakes Aquarium. Recreational opportunities are bountiful including fishing, camping, golfing, hiking, boating, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowmobiling and nationally recognized biking trails throughout the city. This community is home to the College of St. Scholastica, the University of Minnesota Duluth, Lake Superior College, Fond du Lac Community College and across the bay, the University of Wisconsin-Superior.
Duluth also has 23 public schools, three charter schools, one private and four parochial schools. The city’s harbor welcomes over 1,000 ocean-going and Great Lakes freighters annually. The physician population is over 400 with one of every seven residents employed in health care and also rated first in the U.S. for quality healthcare in communities of its size. Duluth has 50 restaurants in the downtown area alone and also maintains 23 city parks, sculpture and rose gardens. It was rated by Money Magazine as one of the top four midwestern small cities, as well as the best place to live in the country by Outside Magazine.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Meghan Anderson 218.249.5721
April Knapp 218.249.5027
915 East 1st St
Duluth, MN 55805