Expanding Combined Internal Medicine/Pediatrics Primary Care Faculty
The Ohio State University College of Medicine is seeking full-time, experienced, board-certified /board eligible Internal Medicine/Pediatrics (Med/Peds) trained physicians to join our large community of Med/Peds faculty members as we continue to expand our team!
Recognized for providing personalized comprehensive patient care, innovative educational opportunities for students and residents and a developing research environment, our aim is to develop long-term healing relationships with patients and help them navigate their care within a complex medical system. The Division is leading efforts for the medical center’s Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+), CPC Kids and Million Hearts programs while also leading primary care efforts for adolescents and young adults with chronic conditions and other innovative services in Pediatrics, Geriatrics, and Transitional Care for Young Adults and various other research collaborations.
Interested candidates will be expected to work in an outpatient Med-Peds primary care setting (with opportunity for inpatient time, if interested) and demonstrate outstanding clinical care concurrent with teaching. Opportunities for clinicians to engage in collaborative research and quality improvement also exist. All faculty will have an appointment in the Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine at the assistant, associate, or professor level. All academic appointments are commensurate with experience. *Physicians will have privileges at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, University Hospital East, The James Cancer Center and Solove Research Institute, Richard M. Ross Heart Hospital.
Why work for The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center:
- Central Ohio’s Academic Leader
- One of the largest and most diverse medical centers in the country; only academic medical center in central Ohio and Columbus (Ohio’s largest and most rapidly growing metropolitan region)
- Ranked one of “America’s Best Hospitals” by U.S. News and World Report for over 25 consecutive years
- Voted one of Central Ohio’s “Best Places to Work” by Columbus Business First newspaper”
- For 26 years, recognized as a national leader in quality outcomes and patient safety
Our planned growth at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center:
- Main campus: New construction of a state-of-the-art biomedical research tower, hospital tower, ambulatory center and Health Sciences building that will house the College of Medicine
- Around the city: New construction of 4 ambulatory care centers in addition to 5 established ambulatory care centers up and running today
Why live in Columbus, Ohio:
- Over 1.8 million population base and diverse cultural, sports, dining and recreational opportunities: Cost of Living is MODERATE
- Recently voted the #1 IT city in the nation surpassing Silicon Valley
- Home to several Fortune 500 companies
- Ranks in Money magazine’s picks as one of the ten best big cities
- Third fastest growing major metropolitan area in the Midwest : 14th largest city in the nation
- Booming real estate market
- Consistently ranked in the top ten in nearly every category: Economic growth, things to do, affordable cost of living, great place to raise a family
To join our team, please email your cover letter and CV to:
Kam Carlberg, Faculty Recruitment
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified women, minorities, Vietnam era and disabled veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.