REMINDER: Submit NOW for the COVID-19 Special Edition Perspective Newsletter
Our world has changed in dramatic and unprecedented ways these past few months, and our members spread out across the country have had to cope with gravely ill patients and overwhelmed health systems while balancing a seemingly impossible amount of stress, exhaustion, and emotional overload. This pandemic has been taxing on many levels, and it often has been difficult to take the time to step back, reflect, and rest.
We as the National Med-Peds Residents’ Association are so incredibly proud of you, our members, and your dedication, not only to your careers but most importantly to your patients. It is our honor to represent you, now more than ever, as you prove through your daily work the great relevance and importance of our unique calling as Med-Peds physicians.
As such, we would like to dedicate the final edition of our quarterly Perspective newsletter for this academic year to you and your experience with the coronavirus pandemic. We want to allow you to take that moment to reflect, to share, and to connect yourself to our collective experiences.
We are looking for a wide range of submission material in any format (case reports, reflections, photos, art, poetry, etc.) through which you can share your experiences on the front lines of this pandemic:
- How have you been impacted by this pandemic professionally? Personally? Has it changed the way you approach medical care? Has it altered your career path or long-term goals?
- Has being Med-Peds given you a particularly unique perspective or insight into your experiences?
- What types of patient interactions have you encountered these past few months? Have you been able to appreciate the view of things from their perspectives? Have you yourself been a patient?
- How has your program dealt with the impact of the pandemic on resident education? In what creative ways have you continued to foster learning and educational growth despite barriers to teaching?
- If you are a primarily outpatient physician in private practice, how has the pandemic impacted your patients and your approach to medical care?
- How have you been able to give back to your local communities while still promoting safe social distancing practices?
Please send your submissions to email@example.com with the subject line “Special Edition Perspective”.
Deadline to Submit: Tuesday, May 12th, 2020.
We look forward to receiving your contributions!
NMPRA PR Secretary