Medical Toxicology is a field ideally suited for Med-Peds as poisons, occupational, and environments exposures effect people across the age spectrum. Medical Toxicology fellowship programs are 2-years in length and must be associated with an accredited Emergency Medicine, Pediatrics, or Preventive Medicine residency program. Key areas of Fellowship training include:
- Evaluation and management of acutely poisoned patients
- Evaluation and management of occupational and environmental exposures
- Administrative functions of a regional poison center
- Education and research in medical toxicology
- Academic skills such as presentation and medical writing
- Injury and illness prevention
Programs Offering Fellowship
The American College of Medical Toxicology website has a full list of programs at http://www.acmt.net/Fellowship_List.html.
See the FREIDA website for accredited programs at https://freida.ama-assn.org/Freida/user/programSearchDispatch.do?method=viewSubSpec.
Min Kang, MD