NMPRA has always encouraged international electives as a way to broaden one’s education and clinical skills. Since 2010, the NMPRA Executive Board has awarded the NMPRA International Health Travel Grant.
This year, NMPRA will award $500.00 to a Med-Peds resident planning to complete a clinical Internal Medicine or Pediatric elective in the developing world during residency.
The NMPRA Executive Board will serve as the selection committee.
Please do not apply for this award if you are being paid for this rotation in addition to your regular resident salary. However, you may seek other sources of funding for your rotation in addition to this award.
Awards will be given solely on the basis of the application and an accompanying recommendation from your program director. Your application will be considered incomplete without your program director’s completed recommendation.
Please email your application and letter of recommendation from your program director as a single PDF which includes all the information below. Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Luck and Happy Traveling!
- 2018, Dr. Ashley Cobb, University of Michigan, Palliative Care in Rural Uganda: A Quality Improvement Project
- 2017, Dr. David Flood, University of Minnesota, Maya Health Alliance Project on Pediatric Type 2 Diabetes and Malnutrition in Tecpán, Guatemala
- 2016, Dr. Shalini Vaid, Univ of Rochester: Shoes to Decrease Diabetic Foot Ulcers in Uttar Pradesh, India
- 2015, Dr. Karina Zaveri-Whelan, Univ of Michigan
- 2014, Dr. Alexandra Wright, Louisiana State University Health: Medical Encounters in Honduras: Presentation Slides
- 2013, Dr. Adnan Mustafa, University of North Carolina
- 2012, Dr. Emily Fisher, Medical College of Wisconsin
- 2011, Dr. Karla Testa, Christiana Care Health System
- 2010, Dr. Paul Krezanoski, Massachusetts General Hospital