Academic Outpatient Med-Peds Faculty Position Available
The Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) Departments of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics seek a BC/BE Med-Peds trained MD/DO at the Instructor, Assistant, or Associate Professor level seeking a joint appointment in the Division of General Internal Medicine and the Division of General Pediatrics Outpatient Sections. This full time, academic position provides a unique opportunity for patient care, program development, and teaching activities with medical students and residents. The role includes:
- 90% clinical outpatient position with time split between independent patient care and precepting 16 Med-Peds residents in their continuity clinic
- Care for patients across the lifespan, from birth to geriatrics
- Call equal to other members of our community practices
- Active participation in Patient-Centered Medical Home activities
- Core faculty within the Internal Medicine/Pediatrics residency program
Candidates should have a strong commitment to Evidence-Based Medicine and Quality Improvement in teaching and practice as well as experience and knowledge of billing and coding. MUSC serves as a regional referral center with a full complement of subspecialists and surgeons in both medicine and pediatrics. This is an excellent opportunity to join active, nationally-recognized academic generalist divisions in the beautiful city of Charleston, SC. MUSC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Candidates should contact: Sarah Mennito MD, MSCR Director, Internal Medicine-Pediatric Residency Program, Medical University of South Carolina,135 Rutledge Avenue, MSC 561, Charleston, SC 29425, Telephone (843) 876-8512; Fax (843) 876-8709, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.