Med-Peds Hospitalist Opportunity
Upstate, South Carolina
Award-winning Downtown, Gorgeous Lakes and Mountains, Ideal Climate
Greenville Health System (GHS), the largest healthcare provider in South Carolina, seeks BC/BE Medicine-Pediatrics Physician interested in opportunities as a Med-Peds Hospitalist at Greer Memorial Hospital in Greer, SC. Located minutes from downtown Greenville, Greer Memorial Hospital is an 80-bed community hospital that offers expanded medical services to accommodate the growing healthcare needs of those in the community. It is a Magnet-recognized hospital, reflecting a level of nursing professionalism that translates to better satisfaction for both patients and staff, and better care for patients.
- Group comprised of career Med-Peds hospitalists with low turnover and one physician assistant
- Community hospital with growing academic atmosphere: opportunities to teach residents/medical students with an academic appointment; learn more about our affiliated GHS Med-Peds residency program here: https://hsc.ghs.org/medpeds
- 8-bed ICU with opportunity to manage critically ill patients and perform procedures
- 6-bed pediatric unit with plan to expand: Greer campus Family Medicine residency set for 2020 and Med-Peds and Family Medicine collaborating to grow pediatric unit
- Baby-friendly Level I Nursery, 25 minutes away from the GHS Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Supportive subspecialists: Cardiology, Nephrology, and Orthopedic Surgery through weekdays; Gastroenterology, Hem/Onc and General Surgery available 7 days; adding Pulmonary/Critical Care late 2018
- Competitive salary plus incentives and sign on bonuses
- Premium pay & flexible schedule for Nocturnist or semi-Nocturnist
- EPIC Electronic Medical Record system implemented July 2016
- Multiple moonlighting opportunities: additional shifts paid at a premium throughout our many facilities
- Ideal candidates are comfortable managing critically ill patients and are trained in IM procedures.
GHS employs over 15,000 people, including 1,110+ physicians on staff. Our academic health system includes clinically excellent facilities with 1,518 beds on 7 campuses. Additionally, we host 16 residency and fellowship programs, a Level I trauma center, a research facility, and one of the nation’s newest medical schools: University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville on our main campus.
Upstate South Carolina is a beautiful place to live and work and the GHS catchment area is 1.3 million people. Greenville is located on the I-85 corridor between Atlanta and Charlotte, and is one of the fastest growing areas in the country. Ideally situated near beautiful mountains, beaches and lakes, we enjoy a diverse and thriving economy, excellent quality of life and wonderful cultural and educational opportunities.
*Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program Qualified Employer*
Please submit a letter of interest and CV to: Hannah Sandberg, In-House Physician Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org, 864-797-6164.