Caring for Internal Medicine and Pediatric patients where you live: in paradise.
Join our thriving Internal Medicine and Pediatric private practice under the Spanish moss-draped oak trees along a saltwater creek in beautiful Pawleys Island, South Carolina.
Pawleys Pediatrics and Adult Medicine was established in 1992. Our 7 current physicians have over 76 years of combined experience. We have Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home recognition, and we strive to provide the highest quality care with the flexibility to respond to a changing healthcare environment. We are looking to add an 8th physician to serve our growing community.
Thanks to excellent collaboration, we care for our patients both in the clinic and when hospitalized in the two local Tidelands Health hospitals. Each week one physician is dedicated to each hospital, while the other physicians care for patients in the office. Call is 1/7 currently – with you it would be 1/8. Hospital coverage 1/8 weekends, another 1/8 weekend covering Saturday morning clinic and being available as backup for the hospital, leaving 6/8 weekends free.
As a private independent practice, we employ our own front desk, clinical, billing and administrative staff. Our amazing team works together to support the physicians and care for the patients. Our physicians are able to control their own schedules, with compensation based on collections. The practice has an excellent reputation in the community.
Pawleys Island, a short drive to Myrtle Beach and Charleston, S.C., is a small, beach, boat and golf community with much to offer its population in school choice, community and religious organizations, music, arts and sports.
- Acute, Chronic and Preventative Care
- Fully implemented electronic health record system
- Hospital in-patient and nursery coverage
- Quality Improvement and clinical research opportunities are available
- Student training is not expected
- No mid-level supervision
- Residency training in a combined Internal Medicine & Pediatrics Residency with Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Internal Medicine and in Pediatrics
- Must possess or be eligible for licensure in South Carolina
- Competitive salary guarantee while building your practice
- Health insurance, medical malpractice insurance, allowance for dues and subscriptions and credentialing are included in the employment package.