Clinical Case Competition Awards
NMPRA invites all of its members to submit novel and interesting Med-Peds clinical cases for our annual Med-Peds Clinical Case Competition. We welcome cases submitted by both resident physicians and medical students. Cases should be interesting clinical presentations pertinent to Internal Medicine or Pediatrics and should also display significant educational value for a Med-Peds audience. Cases may not have been presented previously at regional or national levels. However, those who have presented locally may still submit their abstracts for consideration. Each resident physician and medical students may submit only one case for the competition.
Winning abstracts will have the opportunity to present their case at our NMPRA National Conference in the year of submission. Each speaker will have 10-15 minutes dedicated to their case.
You may either nominate yourself or request that your nominee’s Program Director submit an application on his/her behalf.
The application can be submitted by filling out this online form.
Or you can email the required documents to [email protected] as a single PDF file and include all below:
- Your full name, program/school, PGY/MS level
- Contact Information: Phone number, email address
- Program Director’s (or faculty sponsor for students) name and email address
- Title of the case
- Brief abstract including clinical case presentation and discussion. Your total abstract should not exceed 2200 characters (not including spaces).
- Abstracts will be reviewed by members of the NMPRA Board of Directors to determine the winners. Submissions exceeding the 2200-character limit will not be considered.