International Travel Health Grant
NMPRA has always encouraged international electives as a way to broaden one’s education and clinical skills. Since 2010, we have awarded the International Health Travel Grant to encourage the pursuit of global health initiatives among our members.
This year, we will award $500 to a Med-Peds resident physician planning to complete a clinical Internal Medicine or Pediatrics elective in the developing world during residency.
The NMPRA Board of Directors will serve as the selection committee for this grant.
- The elective should be at least 4 weeks in length and primarily clinical in nature.
Applicant must be a resident physician in good standing and a NMPRA member at the time of application.
- Applicant must submit his/her application prior to departure.
- Applicant must develop a list of written objectives prior to departure.
- Applicant must identify a preceptor in the host country.
- Upon return home, grant recipient must submit a written summary of his/her experiences to the NMPRA Board of Directors and be prepared to present at the following year’s NMPRA National Conference.
- Post-residency training fellows and previous recipients are not eligible to apply.
Please do not apply for this grant if you are being paid for this rotation in addition to your regular resident salary. However, you may seek other sources of funding for your rotation in addition to this grant.
You may either nominate yourself or request that your nominee’s Program Director submit an application on his/her behalf.
The application can be submitted by filling out this online form.
Or you can email the required documents to [email protected] as a single PDF file and include all below:
- Nominee’s full name, program, and PGY level
- Contact Information: Phone number, email address
- Current curriculum vitae
- Country of destination, name and position of preceptor in host country
- List and describe your objectives for the project
- Letter of recommendation from your Program Director