Links We Love
Here are carefully curated lists of other organizations and resources designed to help you on your career path.
Other Medical Organization Links
Free Full Text Online Journals
Other Useful Resources
American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
A variety of resources geared towards pediatricians, including job/career resources, educational and reference resources, some require AAP membership.
American College of Physicians (ACP)
A variety of resources geared towards general internists, including job/career resources, educational and reference resources, some require ACP membership.
American Family Physician (AFP)
Journal of the American Academy of Family Practice that focuses on succinct, evidence-based, authoritative clinical reviews for primary care physicians.
American Medical Association (AMA)
A variety of resources geared towards all physicians, some require AMA membership.
Standard guidelines for health supervision, anticipatory guidance, and preventative services for infants, children, and adolescents.
Lists of over 10,000 federal and privately supported clinical trials.
Patient oriented health information on over 650 health topics in English and Spanish.
National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI)
Centralized repository for governmental biomedical databases. Allows cross-database searching.
National Guidelines Clearinghouse
Review type articles on common medical topics and all governmental health guidelines. Contains original articles.
On-line Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM)
Database of genetic information including disease information, genes, and phenotypes.
Residents as Teachers Handbook
Excellent PDF document for residents on teaching overview and reference on how to teach.
Database of over 14 million citations and abstracts from over 4600 biomedical journals going back to the 1950.
Full text access to almost 100 life science journals.
United States Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) Guide to Clinical Preventative Services
Contains all USPSTF information on preventative care guidelines.
Related Medical Organization Links
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (AMIB)
- American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- American Board of Pediatrics (ABP)
- American College of Physicians (ACP)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- AMA Resident Physician Section (AMA-RPS)
- American Medical Student Association (AMSA)
- American Pediatrics Society/Society for Pediatric Research (APS/SPR)
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
- Council of Medical Specialty Societies (CMSS)
- Federation of State Medical Boards of the United States (FSMB)
- Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM)
- Southern Medical Association (SMA)